There are different rules you need to remember about the specific genres. Most importantly, you must be efficient in the way you communicate with the audience you're trying to reach. Like I mentioned before, this is my first time back in school in a very long time. Therefore, I need to educate myself on these rules. My professor recently assigned a few assignments, and they were required to meet a specific guideline in order to receive the full credit one example is “MLA formatting.” When the assignment was assigned, I had no idea what that meant; therefore, I needed to research nor did I have an idea what that stood for, and I went to this website: Purdue OWL.It shows you how and what the steps are to create a MLA document. While doing research, I also ran into this website for APA Format, MLA and APA I found they are similar but different in their own way. I know both formats are going to be very useful in order to create documentation/papers for school. MLA for example is used for English Class and APA is more for social science types of documentations.
While doing some research on the internet, I came across this website: Ways to improve writing in college. I like all the tips: "Tip #1: Write every day," is a good habit to have because it helps build skill and habit. "Tip #2: Take your time." It’s important to take your time when writing because you need to learn to capture the audience's attention. "Tip #3: Quality is always better than quantity." This one is so true when writing because in some cases you can go and on when writing and not really saying anything. That is why the quality is better. "Tip #4: Ask for help." I find this one very helpful to me. I have always been afraid to ask for help with my writing, but I know now it's ok to ask for help. Its helps to improve your writing."Tip #5: Practice proofreading." It always helps to read out loud to make sure your writing make sense.
No comments:
Post a Comment